Traveling in the southwest
Traffic and roads
- Construction projects, plans, and studies
- 2020 construction projects map (pdf)
- Districtwide and maintenance projects
- Navigate Minnesota with 511
- Truck permits
District 8 news
- Following guidance from state health officials about protecting the health and well-being of Minnesotans and preventing further spread of COVID-19, the Minnesota Department of Transportation has postponed all scheduled public meetings and project open houses statewide.
- Road work continues to be a critical service. MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- You're invited to attend a virtual open house and view the proposed roadway layout for the Hwy 19/College Drive project in Marshall . Visit the project page for more information and to attend the virtual open house.
- The District 8 Draft Freight Plan is available on the project webpage. A virtual open house is also available. To attend, click here.
- We are celebrating the completion of the Hwy 15 Hutchinson project. Visit the virtual ribbon cutting to learn more about the project from start to finish.