Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities Program
Program update - July 29, 2019
The Office of Transit and Active Transportation (OTAT) continues to restructure, as staff take on new assignments and the organization continues to evolve. As part of this, all current 5310 providers recently received notification of new Project Manager assignments for the metro area and Greater Minnesota, as follows:
- Sue Siemers - Greater Minnesota Traditional 5310 Vehicle projects
- Sue Siemers - Metro based Traditional 5310 Vehicle projects
- Christine Neary - Tribal Traditional 5310 Vehicle projects
Please check back for additional announcements as we retool the application process, and thank you for your continued service to transit riders throughout Minnesota via your agencies participation in the Section 5310 Program.
2020 recipient awards
In the fall of 2019, MNDOT’s Office of Transit and Active Transportation (OTAT) solicited for a two-year Vehicle Capital Program of projects on a statewide basis. In the 2019 solicitation, the state received 23 applications for over 60 projects in rural and urban locations throughout the State of Minnesota for project award for CY2020 and CY2021. The Section 5310 Program reviewed all the applications before a statewide committee, which provides the Office of Transit and Active Transportation with direction regarding which projects to fund. Ultimately, 57 of the projects scored sufficiently and demonstrated eligibility for awards which were granted during the winter of 2019.
The following list provides a detailed account of the awards made for Vehicle Capital projects throughout the state for implementation in calendar year 2020 and programmed to receive funding in CY2021
Due to COVID 19 OTAT has extended the deadline for CY2022 and CY2023 FTA Section 5310 Grant Application component submittal of the “Letter of Intent” and Public Notification and Transportation Provider Letters to July 31, 2020.
The application process for fiscal year 2022 and 2023 begins with a webinar scheduled for May 19, 2020 starting at 9:00am and solicitation opens:
- Solicitation Opens: June 1
- Letter of Intent sent to Sue Siemers, Program Coordinator: July 31, 2020
- Public Notification and Transportation Provider Letters: July 31, 2020
- Application due date: August 31, 2020
- Statewide review committee: September 30, 2020
- Notification of Grant Award: November, 2020
- Contract execution goal: TBD
- Quick Guide for FTA Section 5310 Application Submittal (PDF)
- OTAT Fleet Replacement Eligibility Policy (PDF)
- Minnesota State Patrol Commercial Vehicle Section website
- Regional Transportation Coordinating Councils website
- Greater Minnesota Regional Transportation Coordinating Councils (PDF) - RTCC presentation (by Sue Siemers)
- Office of Commercial Vehicle Operations
- MN Commercial Truck and Passenger Regulations
- Rural Transit Assistance Program brochure (PDF)
- Bus Emergency Exits - Technical Brief (PDF)
Annual solicitations for the Section 5310 program
Applications for State Fiscal Year 2022 and 2023 are now available. Applicants may access the Blackcat Grants Management System to register your organizations and begin the State Fiscal Year 2022 and 2023 application process for the Section 5310 Program. Follow the links below for application instructions.
Vehicle Capital projects
The State of Minnesota funds the purchase of vehicles to support eligible activities through the FTA Section 5310 program.
- The Annual Solicitation for Traditional Vehicle Capital is now open. Download a copy (PDF) of the application instructions and get started on your Vehicle Capital application.
- 2022-2023 Program Guide and Funding Application Attachments
- Appendix A - OTAT Fleet Replacement Eligibility Policy (PDF)
- Appendix B - FTA Section 5310 Program Scoring Criteria (PDF)
- Appendix C - Resolution Sample (Word)
- Appendix D - Vehicle Inventory List (Excel)
- Appendix E - Provider Transportation Letter Template (Word)
- Appendix F - Transportation Provider Contact List (Excel)