Environmental Assessment released for Hwy 36/Hadley Avenue Intersection Improvement Project
Public meeting set for Jan. 23, 2018
ROSEVILLE, Minn. – An Environmental Assessment for proposed improvements to the Highway 36 and Hadley Avenue intersection in Oakdale, including construction of an interchange, is available for public review and comment beginning January 8, 2018. The Environmental Assessment outlines the purpose of the project and the anticipated social, economic and environmental impacts of the proposed action. Features of the project include:
- Constructing a folded diamond interchange with a Hadley Avenue bridge over Highway 36
- Constructing three roundabout intersections
- Constructing a Gateway State Trail underpass of Hadley Avenue
- Realigning portions of 55th Street N and Highway 36 Boulevard (north frontage road)
- Reconstructing pedestrian and bicycle trails along Hadley Avenue
The Minnesota Department of Transportation, Washington County, and the City of Oakdale invite the public to attend a public hearing regarding the proposed improvements to the Highway 36 and Hadley Avenue intersection. The public meeting will be held at the following location and time:
Tuesday, January 23, 2018
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Oakdale Discovery Center
4444 Hadley Ave. N, Oakdale
The public meeting will be held in a non-formal, open house format. There will not be a formal presentation. The meeting will provide an opportunity for people to learn about the proposed project, make comments and ask questions. Staff from MnDOT, Washington County, and the City of Oakdale will be available to answer questions. Comment cards will be available at the meeting for people who wish to provide written comments for the public record.
The Environmental Assessment includes the Minnesota Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) form. Washington County is the project proposer and MnDOT is the Responsible Governmental Unit (RGU).
The Environmental Assessment document is available on the project website at: www.co.washington.mn.us/2504/HadleyInterchange/.The document also is available for public review during business hours at the following locations:
- MnDOT Metro District Office, 1500 West County Road B2, Roseville
- Oakdale City Hall, 1584 Hadley Avenue N., Oakdale MN 55128
- Oakdale Public Library, 1010 Heron Avenue N., Oakdale MN 55128
- Washington County Public Works, 11660 Myeron Road N., Stillwater MN 55082
- Hennepin County Library – Minneapolis Central, Environmental Conservation Library, Government Documents, 2nd Floor, 300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis
- MnDOT Library, 395 John Ireland Boulevard, St. Paul
Comments can be mailed, prior to the close of the public comment period on Wednesday, February 7, 2018, to Rick Dalton, Environmental Coordinator, at the Minnesota Department of Transportation, 1500 West County Road B2, Roseville, MN 55113 or email@example.com.
The Environmental Assessment is available in alternative formats by calling 651-366-4718 or emailing ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter at the public meeting, call 651-366-4720. To request other reasonable accommodations, call 651-366-4718; the Minnesota Relay Service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529 (TTY, Voice or ASCII) or 711, or email your request to ADArequest.email@example.com.