Civil Engineering Internship Program
This program, offered in partnership by CTS and MnDOT, is designed to provide an opportunity for undergraduate students interested in transportation-related careers to gain real-world skills to complement their academic pursuits.
As part of the program, interns spend 10 weeks in paid positions at the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT) gaining hands-on professional experience. Participants work on transportation-focused projects and are provided with mentoring, training, and development opportunities.
In 2018, positions will be available in several MnDOT offices, working in areas ranging from design, construction, and traffic to water resources and land surveying. To provide the best match between students and MnDOT, you will be asked to rank your preference for working in specific topic areas as part of the application process.
Internships generally last 10-12 weeks during the summer working full-time (40 hours a week).
The starting pay scale is $13.53 to $15.43.
Program participants are not eligible for benefits. However, after the internship ends they may be eligible to become a college student worker or transfer into the Seeds Program, a career track for college students who are minorities, economically disadvantaged, disabled or recently returned veterans.
- Applicant must be an undergraduate student currently pursuing a B.S. in civil engineering from the University of Minnesota.
- Applicant must be legally eligible for employment in the United States. Proof of your eligibility to work in the United States will be required.
- Priority will be given to students completing their junior year, but sophomores may also apply.
- Priority will be given to applicants with GPAs of 3.0 or better.
- The program is open to all qualified applicants. Members of diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
- No prior transportation-related work experience is required.
How to apply
The application is currently closed. Please check back in September 2018!
For more information, you may contact Lorianna Yang at email@example.com or 651-366-3378.