Wabasha Co. bridges scheduled for inspection starting April 10
WABASHA, Minn. — Motorists in Wabasha County should be alert for lane restrictions beginning Tuesday, April 10 as the Minnesota Department of Transportation begins bridge inspections to assist local governments.
MnDOT will be inspecting nine Wabasha County April 10 & 11, weather permitting. Those bridges include:
- County Road 4 Bridge over Whitewater River near Highway 42 south of Plainview
- Township Road 244 Bridge over Whitewater River near County Road 25 east of Elgin
- County Road 7 Bridge over Zumbro River near Highway 63 northwest of South Troy
- 430 Avenue Bridge over Trout Brook near County Road 83 north of Mazeppa
- County Road 1 Bridge near County Road 83 over Trout Brook north of Mazeppa
- County Road 11 Bridge over Zumbro River near County Road 6 east of Hammond
- County Road 2 Bridge over Zumbro River near County Road 11 near Millville
- 592nd Street Bridge over Long Creek near County Road 2 east of Millville
- County Road 5 Bridge over Gilbert Creek near Highway 63 near Lake City
A snooper truck is used during MnDOT inspections. The truck is a specialty vehicle that has a multi-jointed arm with a basket attached at the end to hold the bridge inspectors. The equipment allows the inspection team to maneuver under the bridge, while the truck is parked on the bridge deck.
MnDOT’s southeast Minnesota inspectors will have evaluated nearly 350 bridges for cities and counties and nearly 500 MnDOT bridges in its annual effort in southeast Minnesota.
Motorists will encounter MnDOT bridge inspectors on roads and highways in southeast Minnesota in the snooper at least through June for bridges that require the specialized equipment.
MnDOT urges motorists to always be attentive, drive with caution, slow down in work zones and never enter a road blocked with barriers or cones.