Hwy 75 lane closures begin Aug. 14 in south Moorhead
DETROIT LAKES, Minn. – Motorists on Highway 75/Eighth Street in south Moorhead will encounter lane closures and occasional delays when a resurfacing, signal and sidewalk/trail project begins Monday, Aug. 14.
Major elements of the project include:
- Resurfacing of Highway 75 between 35th Avenue/Belsly Boulevard and 40th Avenue South
- Installing a traffic signal at 37th Avenue
- Upgrading the existing traffic signal at 40th Avenue to include a flashing yellow arrow
- Reconstructing the multi-use trail on the west side of Highway 75/Eighth Street between 35th Avenue and 40th Avenue
- Constructing a sidewalk on the east side of Highway 75/Eighth Street between 30th Avenue and 40th Avenue
Crews will begin with the trail/sidewalk work and preparatory work at the intersection of 37th Avenue. Traffic impacts will be limited to lane closures where crews are working. Significant delays are only expected during the paving portion of the project, which will take up to one week in September.
Central Specialties of Alexandria is the prime contractor for the $1.3 million project.
The work is expected to be complete by the end of September.
Motorists are urged to slow down and use extra caution while driving through work zones.