Open house for Glenwood 2018 reconstruction project set for Feb. 9
DETROIT LAKES, Minn.—The Minnesota Department of Transportation and city of Glenwood will present a project update on the 2018 Glenwood downtown reconstruction project on Tuesday, Feb. 9.
The informational open house will be held at the Pope County Courthouse Community Room, 130 East Minnesota Avenue, Glenwood. It is scheduled from 4 to 6 p.m. A brief project overview will be presented at 4:15 and 5:15 p.m.
Key elements of the project include:
- Resurfacing Highways 28, 29 and 104 throughout Glenwood
- Reconstructing downtown Glenwood using the Complete Streets concept
- Replacing the existing signal system
- Improving sidewalks and ADA accessibility
- Realigning and raising Highway 28 near the Pope County Fairgrounds
- Replacing downtown utilities
MnDOT staff and representatives from the city of Glenwood and SEH consulting firm will present the latest layout and construction staging plans. They will also take feedback, answer questions and address concerns about the project.
More information about Complete Streets is available at mndot.gov/planning/completestreets/
To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter, or other reasonable accommodation, call Janet Miller at 651-366-4720 or 1-800-657-3774 (Greater Minnesota), 711 or 1-800-627-3529 (Minnesota Relay). You also may send an email to ADArequest.email@example.com. Please request at least one week in advance, if possible.