Begins March 30
Crews will reconstruct Hwy 10 in Wadena between Second St. W and Wadena Co. Rd. 4 through August 2020.
- Week of March 23: Mobilize equipment and prepare the work areas along roads.
Both directions of Hwy 10 to be shifted onto either side of the road to reconstruct the new road. Expect narrow lanes (11 ft.), access detours and flaggers.
- March 30–June: Reconstruct eastbound, traffic on westbound
- July–August: Reconstruct westbound, traffic on eastbound
Hwy 71 access closed to Hwy 10 to reconstruct the intersection and RR crossing. Follow detour signs.
- Hwy 71 south of Hwy 10: Use Hwy 29 and Second St SW
- Hwy 71 north of Hwy 10: Use Juniper Ave and Second St NW
Wadena is open
Access to businesses and residents to be maintained and open, however expect changes.
About this project
Mainline construction on Highway 10 in Wadena will begin in April 2020. Schedule
Summary of work
Reconstruct in Wadena
- Widen and reconstruct Hwy 10 in Wadena from east of Birch Ave NW to east of Wadena CR 4, includes the Hwy 10 intersection at Hwy 71
- Improve access and traffic flow, includes a concrete median and widened shoulders
- Upgrade pedestrian sidewalks and approaches
- Upgrade city storm sewers and install new LED street lighting
- Replace the signal systems at Second St W and Hwy 71
- Upgrade the railroad crossings on Hwy 71 and Second St W
2019 COMPLETE: Resurface west/east of Wadena
- Resurface the two-lane segments of Hwy 10 from Bluffton to Birch Ave and Wadena CR 4 to Oink Joint Rd
- Install left-turn lanes at the Hwy 10/Otter Tail CR 75 intersection, west of Wadena
- Reconstruct the road from Wadena CR 4/Sunny Brook Rd and Harry Rich Dr in east Wadena, includes underground drainage structures near Union Creek
Information is subject to change.