Environmental Assessment Worksheet released for Interstate 94 corridor in Albertville, St. Michael
Public open house set for April 3
ST. CLOUD, Minn. – Members of the public are invited to review and comment on an Environmental Assessment Worksheet (EAW) for proposed improvements to the Interstate 94 corridor in Albertville and St. Michael beginning Monday, March 12. The EAW outlines the purpose of the proposed project and anticipated social, economic, and environmental impacts.
The proposed project would:
- Reconstruct I-94 from west of County Road 19 in Albertville to Highway 241 in St. Michael.
- Replace the I-94 bridges spanning County Road 19.
- Construct an eastbound collector-distributor road along I-94 between County Road 19 and County Road 37.
- Construct an additional lane on eastbound and westbound I-94 between County Road 19 and Highway 241.
- Add a westbound I-94 to Highway 241 exit loop at the I-94/Highway 241 interchange, and replace the Highway 241 bridge over I-94.
Public meeting to be held at St. Michael city hall
The Minnesota Department of Transportation invites those interested in the project or its EAW to a public open house to be held Tuesday, April 3, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., at St. Michael City Hall, 11800 Town Center Drive NE.
The open house will be held in a non-formal format, and attendees may arrive at any time to learn about the proposed project, make comments, and have questions answered by MnDOT staff. There will no formal presentation. Comment forms will be available for people who wish to provide written comments for the public record.
The Environmental Assessment Worksheet document is available on the MnDOT website at http://www.dot.state.mn.us/d3/i94/. The document also is available for public review and copying during business hours at the following locations:
- MnDOT District 3, 3725 12th Street North, St. Cloud
- Albertville City Hall, 5959 Main Avenue NE, Albertville
- St. Michael City Hall, 11800 Town Center Drive NE, St. Michael
- Great River Regional Library, 1300 West St. Germain Street, St. Cloud
- Great River Regional Library, St. Michael, 11800 Town Center Drive NE, St. Michael
- MnDOT Library, 395 John Ireland Boulevard, St. Paul
Comments can be mailed, prior to the close of the public comment period on Wednesday, April 11, 2018, to Claudia Dumont, MnDOT Project Manager, at the Minnesota Department of Transportation, 3725 12th Street North, St. Cloud, MN 56303; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Environmental Assessment Worksheet is available in alternative formats by calling 651-366-4718 or emailing ADArequest.email@example.com. To request an ASL or foreign language interpreter at the public meeting, call 651-366-4720. To request other reasonable accommodations, call 651-366-4718; the Minnesota Relay Service toll-free at 1-800-627-3529 (TTY, Voice or ASCII) or 711, or email your request to ADArequest.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For real-time travel information anywhere in Minnesota visit www.511mn.org or dial 5-1-1.
# # #